Want the speed of high end carbon Rolf Prima aero
wheels on race day? Hell yeah!
Optional insurance is $20 per spoked wheel and $40 for disc wheels.
What it covers:
- Damage to front or rear wheel (scratches, dings, dents) which may occur during race crashes or other racing incidents.
- Coverage is valid only for the purpose of triathlons, time trials and weekend touring / gran fondo cycling events.
- Rolf Prima wheel insurance covers damage to wheels only. Any injuries you sustain while using the rented wheels for any activity are not covered by the wheel insurance.
What it does not cover:
- Stolen or lost wheels are NOT covered.
- Flats are NOT covered by the insurance. For a tubular flat you may replace the tire yourself or you will be charged an additional $60 for a new tire.
- Finishing the race on a flat. C’mon. We know it is a big race, but you got to stop and fix that! Flats are slow anyway. We’ll rent you a replacement pre-stretched and glued tire (tubular) if you need one. We also install sealant in all tubulars to minimize the chance of flats.
- Any injuries you sustain while using the rented wheels for any activity are NOT covered by the wheel insurance.
- Damage in an event other than the one the wheels were rented for.
- Damage that occurs during a cycling (non-triathlon, time trial, gran fondo) event.
- You are responsible to return the wheels you rent in the same condition in which they were rented to you in (except for normal wear and tear).
- Any damage to the wheels incurred during return shipping is NOT covered by this insurance. We recommend that you select to insure the wheels for at least $1000 through the return freight carrier (UPS).